Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's not so bad, is it??

Hubby is out with some friends/colleagues from work and so it's me flying solo this evening...oh and I'm flying solo this weekend too (I know I shouldn't complain, I think of my friend Dana who's doing it with two alone for months - ugh!!). Anyhow, I didn't feel like cooking for 1 1/4 people so I walked the pup and Boo to Subway and got myself a 5pt turkey sub - unfortunately it probably wasn't worth the 5pts since the bread was tough and the veggies not the crispest (note to self: do not return to THAT Subway).

Normally our routine is that at 6:45-7ish (after dinner) Hubby grabs Boo and Deezy and heads for a walk and I get 30minutes to tidy up, catch up on The Hills/Facebook/Twitter/etc. It's lovely...well since I had taken "the kids" for their long walk at 6 to get dins, at 7pm I had no idea what to do with Boo...it's not a bath night, so well, I put her to bed!!!! I'm just done...I'm tired, I don't feel like singing or dancing or reading anymore books or playing with any toys. And I'm not a huge fan of Sadie watching TV before bed...so we read an extra book than we normally do and she's in bed and I literally have my feet up, enjoying my night with Deezy (and no dishes to clean)!!

On a completely separate note, I did fall off the Challenge bandwagon, but here, I'll jump back on with Challenge #6-Take 10 minutes to sit in silence. And since I'm flying solo, I can actually do that. Once I finish this blog, I will go and sit out on our patio and listen to the birds...and try not to look at the clock every 2minutes :)

Oh and one other bit of news...I want to run the San Francisco Half Marathon - anyone else?!!?

xo CaliAlly

1 comment:

  1. Good on you for getting some time out, bad luck about the subway though, I hate when you finally make the decision to get takeaway and its no good.

    ReplyDelete