Saturday, May 16, 2009

And so it begins...

Half Marathon training that is...I went for my first run this morning in a long time and it was amazing...I love this sport! Why did I stop?!? Don't get me wrong, it was hot and it was tough but I guess since I wasn't alone it helped...I feel amazing (very much in need of a shower) but amazing. I can't wait to create a new playlist and start logging those miles.

Speaking of miles, can I tell you how much I love running "miles" versus "kilometers"?? It makes the training plan a lot less daunting!

So if you are in the Bay Area on July 26th, I'd love the support...come up to San Fran and find yourself a fantastic street corner to cheer us on! Oh and by "us" I mean a friend/colleague of mine and perhaps the Hubby..no strollers allowed at this event unfortunately :(

Oh right Challenge...here is what I did yesterday (Friday):

Challenge #
2-Wake up and smile. Regardless of who or what woke you up from sweet slumber, before you get out of bed, put a huge smile on your face and then face the day. Feel free to rinse & repeat each day. I had a rough week, so yesterday I did a little attitude adjustment and just made it a great day...all day!

And for today: Challenge #
24-Set aside at least one whole hour where nothing is planned & see where the day takes you. As I may have mentioned, I'm flying solo right now as Hubby is up in Yosemite and so as much as we had a busy morning, Miss Boo and I...she's down for a nap and I have no idea what we'll do when she wakes up...really no clue! But in the meantime, I think I'll take a nap myself.

Phew, it's hot out there!
xoCaliAlly

1 comment:

  1. How lovely - sometimes no plans are the best plans to have.

    Let me know what you put on your playlist - mine needs some serious overhauling.

    ReplyDelete