Sunday, January 11, 2009

Year of Me!

As if having a blog All About Ally wasn't enough!!! I've decided that 2009 will be All About Me...right after Sadie and hubby...okay no seriously, I'm going to make me more of a priority in 2009!

For the first time in a few years...I own my body!!!!!! In 2006, my wedding dress owned my body - watched what I ate...worked out 24/7...and was so happy with the results though :)





Love this photo of my Dad walking me down the aisle - memories!













In 2007, my baby in utero owned my body for most of the year - which of course, I loved every minute of it after that first trimester, but due to my being very sick in the 1st...I was very inactive during my pregnancy and gained way too much weight!!!












I never said it was pretty, folks (9 months and probably 29 days)!!












In 2008, Miss Sadie owned my boobies, er, I mean my body! Nursing for most of 2008 left me exhausted, run down and still not fully able to put my body through whatever I want (certain foods, certain workouts, etc). But of course, I wouldn't change it for anything...and sshhh truth is, I miss nursing the little one so much!!! Not so much the actual act of breastfeeding, but the moment that was hers and mine...alone...no one could give her what I could...so powerful and such a bond.







Hello, tired Mummy and cutie Sadie!!!

















Well like I said, 2009 - you are mine! All mine!!! We don't plan to start trying for Little One number 2 until Fall so that means for the next 10 months I can use you and abuse you...kidding (that was in my 20s!) - I will worship you and treat you like the wonderful machine you are...anything you want and need is yours...what?? A Grande Vanilla Latte?? Okay well who am I to deny you...it is 2009 - All About Ally!

3 comments:

  1. This is great, Ally! I'm glad you're taking 2009 and making it your own! Good for you! Very healthy. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was where you are about 8 months ago. It really is amazing to reclaim your body! My problem was that I became a prisoner to getting better than my "before" baby self. When I reached that goal it was pretty empty because I was so sore and exhausted! Now I fell back in love with Yoga and I try to feed my body and soul! Now if I could just give it to baby number 2 :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx lovelies! I hear ya YM, with trying not to get "better than"...I love the idea of feeding the body and soul - I've been wanting to try yoga forever...maybe 2009 is the year to try! xo

    ReplyDelete