Monday, April 6, 2009

Words a Mother never likes to hear...

..."Babe, wake up, Little Miss is vomiting". These are the words I woke up to this morning and I swear they are the worst words a SAHM/WAHM can hear...immediately the following thoughts go through my head:

- I hope it's nothing serious
- Crap, how many loads of laundry will I do today?
- I wonder how long I have until I start vomiting!
- Please don't let Curt get it
- Please don't make it smell too bad ;)

Seriously...all of this goes through my head as I run from our room to the Little Miss' room...fortunately it was not a bug and just an upset tummy (Hubby accidentally used Cayenne Pepper instead of Paprika in our pasta last night!!!) or a result of a mini-coughing fit. We had the Little Miss' 18month Well Visit at the Pediatrician and I was able to get them to check her out at the same time and they did not find a fever or anything at all...she's been in great spirits and totally not lethargic!

Phew! We escaped it this time...but it's just a reminder to pop my wipes and sanitizers back into my diaper bag (I think I was getting cocky) and remember the importance of washing hands...especially after the park, before snacktime, etc!

It's such a gorgeous day out there...think we'll head out and enjoy the sun and warm temperatures and be grateful that I'm only doing one load of laundry today!!!

3 comments:

  1. glad she's ok. it is snowing here...boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh isn't that just the worst? I have the exact same dialogue in my head every time!!! Unfortunately for us last week the barf was followed by two more days of that, followed by a cold, followed by an ear infection followed by a cold for mom. BOOOOOO. So glad you all are doing well!!!

    xoxo
    ym

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ally, so glad you found and commented on my blog! I have a basket filled with free makeup samples I'm giving away, you should enter!

    ReplyDelete