Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Upstairs" to Bed

Woohoo! We get the keys to our new place tomorrow. We are so excited :)

I'm definitely going to miss this little apt of ours, but it will be so nice to have more space and wait for it....I finally get to go "upstairs" to bed! It's a sillyness of mine I've had since I moved out...I don't feel settled unless I have to go upstairs to go to bed...obviously living in apts for the last 14 years has not been great for me...and even our house back in Ottawa...all one level!

So tomorrow I get my dream...it's the most vertical townhome ever (heh heh) with a million stairs but I will have to go to a different level to go to sleep...and oh how nice it will be if someone pops by and the laundry is on the bed to be folded, we don't have to run over and close the door! So nice!

So tomorrow we get the keys and then we have until the end of the month to move so we'll take our time. I'm so very excited...but there is also a sadness about moving. Leaving behind the place we loved so much in 2006 when we arrived in California. Our house back home was being renovated and in quite the state when we left it and we moved here to this gorgeous apt community (known as Resort Living) with over 12 pools, hot tubs, fitness center...etc It was wonderful...but we've just outgrown it. And another reason to be sad to leave, the place we brought Little Miss home from the hospital will be no longer.

Apt 1126, you've given us some fantastic memories and as much as I'm excited about the Townhome, I will definitely be sad to leave you.

Ooo but did I mention each room has it's own ensuite FULL bathroom?!?! That's a lot of cleaning, but I don't care...pack your bags and come stay Chez Ws!!!

xo
CaliAlly

5 comments:

  1. WOO HOOO! So exciting! The Williams Clan will have to come visit next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! now you'll have lots of froom for baby #2. speaking of which, where is baby #2 I'm already thinking about #3! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds fabulous - but then so does your apartment too - pools and gym and spas - oh my!

    Lots of luck with the move. Enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy, and don't accidentally tumble down the stairs in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so behind! Sorry, late congrats on the move, hope you are enjoying your new space! We have a two level and although we go downstairs to bed it is great not to have to worry so much about noise and being on the same floor. Hope you are loving your new home!

    xoxo

    ym

    ReplyDelete