Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pushing me so far

Okay so many people think Gavin Rossdale sold out with his latest song "Love Remains the Same"...really, I don't care! I love it and love YummyMummy for making me think about it and enjoy the video (seriously, what's up with the soccer though?! but he is oh so pretty to look at, heh heh!!)

I can relate to one of the lines so very much - "I never thought that I had any more to give, pushing me so far". I feel that so much as a Mummy. I wake up on some days (especially the sick ones) and think "I can't do it...I have nothing more...I'm empty and I'm broken" - and yet it's amazing what I accomplish - all for the love of a little girl and a wonderful man (and yes a super dog!)

I remember when training for a marathon, a guy I admired very much told me, you will get to a point where you think you can't go on any further...but believe me, the body is amazing...you'll move past "the end" and be a stronger person for it. The brain says "You're done" to protect you...the body is a bit stupid - it goes to death. But I'm so grateful for it's "reserve tank"...it makes me a better runner and a better Mummy...

2 comments:

  1. It just hit me reading your post, that's why I love this song so much! Way to go!

    ps love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I added you to my blogs I love section! Now you are officially a yummy mummy (like you wern't before!)

    ReplyDelete