Monday, November 23, 2009

All I want for Christmas...

...is "I HAVE NO IDEA!"

This could be the biggest stress of the holiday season - Christmas prezzies...what to give and what to "wish" for! I swear it was so much easier when you were a child...new Barbie, Cabbage Patch Kid, cool new puzzle or board game, pretty dress....yes it was a lot easier when I was a child.

And yet I find myself sitting here trying to figure out what to get the Little Miss - and coming up with not a whole lot...I just don't feel she "needs" anything right now nor do we have the space to store any more toys! Hmmm...time to have more playdates and see what toys of her little friends she fights over! I guess it's also time to put away some of those baby-toys that she really doesn't use or want anymore...into the bin for Number 2!

Okay now this blog is about Ally...so back to me :) heh heh What do I want for Christmas?? My dad has asked, my hubby has asked and it's just a matter of time before I receive my "Dear Alison....I need your wishlist. Love your sister" email! And I'm stuck...I thought about this on Saturday for a bit and then finally announced to hubby...."Babe, I know what I want for Christmas"...he immediately stops what he's doing and turns to me, all ears (I think he's finally realized that Christmas prezzie of 2003 really didn't say "Love ya" - granted I was training for some runs, but still!!!!) "What Hun?" my answer? "Time".

Seriously...I don't need clothes, books, toys, spa stuff...I need time to myself to enjoy all of those wonderful things that I received last year! Time to use the gift cards to go shopping, book myself into that spa afternoon that is burning a hole in my wallet, time to read those books...yes I need time. Unfortunately, I do not see my Dad, my Love, my sister or anyone else being able to give me that gift this year...

Perplexed, Hubby says to me "How about a Kindle?" Okay! Cool...a Kindle is a close second! What are you wishing for this Christmas??

xo
CaliAlly

6 comments:

  1. Shoes, bags, jewels and a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my kindle! The hubs and I are taking a trip far far away, that is all this mummy needs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. call me old fashioned but the kindle takes all the fun out of reading a book. i miss cd liner notes, i miss the sunday newspaper. but to not buy actual paper books is like sacrilage (sp?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it the truth! I haven't stopped to think about it after running errands, changing diapers, running a business, and cooking for my family. Ahh... breath! I guess I would take ANYTHING so long as I don't have to wrap it! :)
    Hmm...maybe a gift card to somewhere I can go clothes shopping...not workout gear shopping, but cutesy shopping!

    Have fun trying to figure it out! I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HILARIOUS. Ryan asked the SAME THING... "how about a Kindle?"... to which, I barked "no!" because I agree with Dana... but then after blurting, I went online and looked and realized "hey wait a minute, this is pretty cool... books are cheaper, AND it's "greener" than buying book after book..." And sure I've been utilizing the library a lot lately, and would continue to do so, but on occasion the library has a long wait list or you just want to buy something, and why not do it via Kindle! I will still most definitely buy REAL actual books on occasion also, but what a nifty thing! We're actually thinking of getting one for my mum as a "thank you" for coming to help with Baby Willi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ally i miss you. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete