Thursday, November 5, 2009

"You Showered!"

For the last couple of months, I'll admit it, I kind of let myself go!! Fitness-wise of course not...but just in my appearances! I've been teaching 5-6 Baby Boot Camp classes per week, attending playdates, etc...really the only days I actually did something with my hair and face was on Saturday - and only if I knew we had something fun happening that weekend!! Sure I'd take showers - p-u, can I remind you I teach Boot Camp classes?!?! But I would basically get out and tie my hair back in a bun and toss on a ball cap...when I'd go to playdates, most cases, I'd still be in the attire I just finished working out in!

But the buck stops here!!!! No more of that...why the sudden change of heart?? A friend of mine has said to me in the last week about three times, you look so pretty - did you shower?!?!!? NO, I just had some free time and a lot of birthday parties, Halloween parties, so I took the time to do something with myself!

Now going forward, I will not be the girl with the blown out hair, the layers of make-up...er, if you know me, you know that is SO NOT ME!!! But I will make a little more effort to look a bit more presentable....workout attire is for working out...tied back hair soaking wet is for bed! Etc...if I have to run errands or head to a playdate right after teaching class, why not bring a different top to change into??

So that's that, I'm off to find a few basic pieces - once I make my way through my closet and see exactly what I own!!

And yes I look pretty today...I showered last night :)

xo
CaliAlly

4 comments:

  1. its funny because now that i have to dress up every day for work all i want to do is be in track pants...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl, don't get me wrong - I'll still be in my workout clothes...just maybe a little more presentable ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, an excuse to go shopping at such places as Lucy and Lululemon for presentable workout attire... jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't we all go through that....Although Im flat out finding anything respectable to wear at the moment.

    ReplyDelete