Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas?!?!

PLEASE!!!! I wonder what the odds are of a White Christmas in Santa Cruz, CA (where we are spending the holidays this year). I'm guessing my Mum and sister who are leaving the Great White North (Ottawa, Canada!!!) to visit us, probably wouldn't appreciate the white stuff! But I know Family Wortman would.

This will be our first year without snow for Christmas...okay truth be told that there have been some Christmases back home with barely any snow, but still, it's cold and cozy and snow is bound to arrive in a day or two! This year we spend the Holidays in Cali...we decided when we got married, we would rotate...Ottawa, Calgary (hubby's fam), Cali (and whoever wants to visit can!).

But it's tough getting ready for Christmas when it's 18celsius outside and the sun is shining and putting on a jacket means tossing a cardigan over your shoulders! So over the last week, I've found an all-Christmas, all-the-time radio station and it's now programmed in our car, in our house, etc! And then the Little Miss and I hit up the $1 section of Target to find some decorations and start putting a few things up around the house!

So I ask those that have spent many a green Christmas - how do you get into the spirit with no snow??

ps I know that I'm not supposed to get excited about Christmas until this Friday, after Thanksgiving, but what can I say...I celebrated Thanksgiving as a Canadian for 30 years and we celebrate it in October...anytime after mid-November in my mind, is the perfect time to get ready for my FAVE holiday!

"Santa Claus is coming to town..." - ooo I love this version!! Sorry side-tracked by the radio!
xo
CaliAlly

3 comments:

  1. its (almost) never too early. if i didn't go to Deacon this weekend i would have put our tree up. next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we have never spent Christmas surrounded by white, cold stuff before. But here's how we do it Guatemalan style. We fill the house with Christmas decorations (check for you) and then we stuff ourselves with the yummy stuff the holiday's bring (I'll help with that) jajaja. Yey for Christmas. I love it too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive never ever had a white christmas - its usually stinking hot here!! But a good old Aussie Christmas is still a wonderful thing, we still have a tree and lots of decorations and lights, more food than you can imagine (although we tend to gravitate towards a BBQ or cold meats and salads)good company, and lots and lots of laughs.

    ReplyDelete