Thursday, October 29, 2009

Got in trouble!

Okay so I know it's been 20+ days since I blogged...I'm not sure what happened, just kind of fell off the blogging train and have had a really hard time getting back on it - but I got called on it yesterday - I was told that twitter updates don't count as a blog - oops!

Alrighty here we go...my life in the last few weeks...

* Baby Boot Camp Conference was amazing*
-in so many ways! It was fantastic to learn so much about where I can take my business and the steps to do so...so wish I had been to a conference sooner (although it is an Annual, so I didn't have the opportunity) - I would have run my last year of biz very differently. But I'm very excited to see what 2010 holds for Baby Boot Camp Santa Clara/Sunnyvale!
-much to my surprise it was very nice to be away from the fam for a few days...I definitely missed them and found myself only able to call before bed...it brought tears to my eyes and really made me sad to hear the Little Miss on the other end of the phone, so I didn't call every couple of hours as I had thought I would be - it was too tough
-it was great being "Ally" for 4 full days...not Mummy, not Wifey...just me! I met some fantastic people, had great conversations and really just enjoyed my time!

* Halloween *
- okay this one isn't really about me! The Little Miss is a "Punkin" for Halloween and couldn't be happier! She seems them everywhere and relates herself to them. She got the Pottery Barn Pumpkin Costume and the little Beret couldn't be any cuter on my little girl...her little curls peeking out! In fact she loves it so much, she wears it A LOT...on it's own...no costume! I have a feeling we may be seeing this costume being worn a lot....yes even after October 31!
- we introduced pumpkin carving to our Guate friends and had a blast doing so! I think for adults, it is seriously the best part...and the Little Miss and her little friend decorated their gourds with stickers and got to stay up way past bedtime - a win-win situation for all.
- annual trip to Useugi Farms pumpkin patch was amazing as always and ensured a good long nap for everyone involved! The big hits? Definitely the Carousel and the Train rides!!

* Visitors *
- Hubby was ecstatic to welcome not only one good guy friend to visit from Canada, but two!! Both their first trip to California, so we were busy playing tour guide and showing them our new stomping ground. It's so much fun to have friends in town...although I do love the quiet of our house now! It's funny before moving to Cali, we never liked to be on our own, huge social butterflies, and after spending our first year in Cali knowing pretty much no one, we have now become homebodies!

Really that's about all that has happened, see Dane, I promised you haven't missed that much! I hope this blog finds everyone well and I promise to be around a bit more!

xo
CaliAlly

2 comments:

  1. ok, now promise no more than a week between posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, I missed you and I was wondering how the trip went. Im so glad it went well and that you enjoyed your time out from family.
    Halloween sounds so much fun. We don't really do it over here but I always wished that we did.

    ReplyDelete