Saturday, March 21, 2009

How I've Missed this Blog!

It's been such a long time - my apologies! I kind of feel like I've fallen off of the radar in all areas - emails, blog, keeping the house tidy, organization, eating well, etc! Good golly, I have a ton of wagons to "jump back on".

So the business has launched and I seriously couldn't be more in love with what I do! Every morning I wake up wishing I was teaching that day (I only teach Wed/Fri right now). I know I'll regret saying this, as in a few weeks I will have classes almost every day (except weekends). But seriously, I am loving what I'm doing. I really hope it comes through in my classes...this is not just a job for me...it's a passion.

Having said that, a little extra money in the pocket is so fun! And feeling another sense of being - other than being the Little Miss' Mummy - is great too. I love it.

I've also started yoga. Yummy Mummy and The Missus rave about it in their blogs all the time that I started to look for a studio to start my own practice. And then I found Yoga at Cindy's (love it!!) and they offer a newbie special for $40 30 day unlimited. Sweet! I did a class on Thursday evening and it was great. I was very fatigued and ridiculously hungry after the class, but not too sore. I really want to commit to this and I think I will aim for 2-3 classes a week. So here's a question for all of you yogis out there...first off (it's hot yoga by the way) how do I stop myself from slipping and sliding in my own sweat (ick!!) - I felt like by the last 40min, I had such a hard time holding downward dog and any other position that required me to have my hands on the mat - I just kept slipping. Second question, is it okay to do back to back yoga sessions? I know I probably should space out my classes, but I really have to go with what my schedule will allow and in some cases it may be back to back evenings...is that okay? Or is it like strength training where you should be taking a day off in between.

Alrighty, that's enough rambling for now! I know I have a lot to catch up...I'll make up for it over the next week.

CaliAlly
xo

6 comments:

  1. I've never done hot yoga, but I believe there are special mats - more like rugs - that you put over your regular mat... so you have padding plus non-slip... lulu sells them I think!

    Glad you're enjoying the business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lovely! I'm back to yoga as well, though I miss Cindy's steals because I can't afford a membership at Corepower Yoga... but anyways, Jules is right, you can either bring a large beachtowel to lay overtop your yoga mat (or at Cindy's just use the towel since her whole floor is a giant mat), or you can buy Yogitoes (which she sells right there, that's where I bought mine). And then before class starts you lightly spritz the towel with some water (she has water bottles in the back) so that you don't slip and slide on the DRY towel to begin with. Also, I see no problem with doing back-to-back classes. I know lots of serious yogis who do yoga day in and day out. Plus, Cindy offers different hot yogas. I would suggest mixing up the different types if you go back-to-back, that's all. :) And there you have my 50-cents-worth. HA! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and P.S., I'm SO jealous of your fabulous new career. I knew when you applied and when I wrote your letter of reco, that you would adore it and run it with all your passion behind it. MUUAH! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are loving yoga! I never thought I would be one of those freaks to say this but is seriously changed my life!

    Lululemon has "towell" mats that go over the yoga mats to keep you from slipping. Plus they come in cute colors, (I have the pink!) I'm sure you can get them on line.

    So glad the new "career" is working out!!! Sounds like the perfect job!

    It's nice to have you back!

    xoxo
    ym

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, and I go every other day and mix it up with cardio on the other. I get way to sore if I go every day.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Yeah I will go with the "towel" type thing... I know we already talked about but I just wanted to comment :) (silly me!)
    I did back to back yoga when we first moved here and no problem, but I slowly got there. I must say I'm so glad to be back at it, thanks to my wonderful BFF/yoga buddy/personal trainer/soon-to-be boss :) Love ya'

    ReplyDelete